People spend a lot of time in their living rooms. Perhaps you watch TV there, or have friends over for dinner. Maybe you just like to relax on your sofa after a long day at work.
In any case, your best Christchurch furniture is an investment—one that should last for years and years to come, especially if you follow these tips for making sure it does:
Top 4 Living Room Furniture Decor Ideas
Choose a sofa based on your habits.
When choosing a sofa, there are four important things to keep in mind:
- Comfort – You should never be uncomfortable when sitting on your sofa. If it’s not comfortable, you won’t want to use it as often and will eventually have to replace it.
- Durability – Your sofa should stand up well to regular use and abuse from pets or children so that you don’t need to replace it too soon after buying it.
- Maintenance – It’s also important for your sofa’s upkeep to be simple and straightforward so that you can spend less time cleaning the furniture and more time relaxing on the cushions!
Choose tables that are versatile.
Choose tables that are versatile. Don’t just buy a coffee table, end tables, TV stand and so on. A coffee table is great when you want to put your feet up and watch TV.
But what else can it do? End tables are great for putting lamps on or displaying things like magazines or drinks. How about a console table?
That’s a tall narrow piece of furniture with doors or drawers which works well for holding books or decorative objects that won’t fit in any other place in the room.
Buy the best-quality wood pieces you can afford.
Buying the best-quality wood pieces you can afford is another important step to making your living room furniture a long-lasting love.
Solid wood furniture will last longer than furniture made from composite materials and can be refinished if it gets damaged. Solid wood furniture is more expensive but worth the investment, so if you’re purchasing used, look for evidence of quality construction (like mortise and tenon joints), or ask an expert for advice.
For example, if you want to buy a leather sofa that will last for years, look for one made with top grain leather instead of bonded or split leather. Top grain leather has been shown to wear well over time because it has more stretch and flexibility than lower grades—but once again: don’t forget those upholstery nails!
Get creative with wood finishes for your wood furniture pieces.
- Use a stain or paint to give your wood furniture pieces the color you want. If you are trying to match the color of the furniture to another piece in your living room, or if you just want a change from what came with your set, there are many products that can help.
- Use a wax to seal the wood and protect it from stains and damage. A good wax not only looks great on finished wood but also protects it from damage caused by everyday use. You can apply this coating to flooring too!
- Use a clear coat for shine and protection! A clear coat will add shine without sacrificing any of the natural beauty of your hardwood flooring—plus it’ll protect that beautiful finish against scratches!
With these tips, you can be sure that your living room Christchurch furniture will last a long time. You’ll get the most bang for your buck with pieces that are durable and versatile, so don’t skimp on quality! And if you’re looking to spice up the look of your space, try adding new finishes or paints to existing pieces.