An Infrared Sauna uses light to create heat. The light waves penetrate deep into the skin, healing your body from the inside out. This sauna type is different from a steam sauna, which uses hot air to create humidity. An infrared sauna is a dry heat, so it won’t leave your skin feeling wet and slick.
If you’re like most people, you probably think of saunas as a way to get sweaty and maybe flush out a cold or two. But what about the benefits of infrared saunas? These powerful devices offer a range of health benefits that you might not have known about it. From weight loss to better skin health, here are five reasons to add an infrared sauna to your wellness routine.
Benefits of infrared saunas
The benefits of infrared saunas are vast and varied. From detoxification to weight loss to improved circulation, infrared saunas have something to offer everyone. Here are the top five benefits of infrared saunas:
- Detoxification: When you’re in an infrared sauna, your body’s temperature rises, causing your pores to open up. This allows the toxins in your body to be released and eliminated.
- Weight Loss: The increased heart rate and perspiration caused by infrared saunas can help you burn calories and lose weight.
- Improved Circulation: Infrared radiation increases blood flow and strengthens the cardiovascular system.
- Pain Relief: Infrared saunas can help reduce arthritis, joint pain, fibromyalgia and other conditions.
- Relaxation and Well-Being: The heat, humidity and relaxation induced by infrared saunas can improve your overall sense of well-being.
How to use an infrared sauna
When it comes to using your infrared sauna, there are a few things you should keep in mind. You should always drink plenty of fluids before and after your sauna session, for starters. This will help prevent dehydration and make sure you get the most out of your sauna.
It’s also essential to stay well hydrated in general, especially if you’re working up a sweat in the sauna. (Dehydration can lead to adverse health effects, so it’s not something to take lightly.)
You can start with shorter sessions and work your way up as your body becomes more accustomed to the heat. And finally, make sure you’re comfortable! Wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid sitting on anything that might cause discomfort.
What to look for when buying an infrared sauna
When it comes to infrared saunas, there are a few things you need to look out for. Size is critical if you’re thinking about using the sauna for multiple people.
Make sure to choose a sauna that can comfortably fit everyone who wants to use it. You’ll also want to select an infrared sauna made with high-quality wood like cedar or redwood.
The heating elements are crucial for providing even heat throughout the sauna, so make sure to ask about them before purchasing.
And finally, always choose a sauna with a good warranty so you can be sure you’re covered in case of any problems.
Whether you’re looking to improve your overall wellness, blast through a fitness plateau, or just relax after a long day, adding an infrared sauna to your routine is a great way to do it.