SEO is the art of getting your website to rank higher in Google’s search results. It has been around for decades, but it’s still an effective strategy for building brand awareness and increasing traffic to your site.
In recent years, SEO has shifted away from keyword stuffing and link schemes toward a more nuanced approach that incorporates user experience (UX) design principles.
While many SEO trends are cyclical for SEO Agency in Ahmedabad—and there are always new ones emerging—these 10 will continue to be important in 2023:
Keyword research is still important
The first thing you need to know is that keyword research is still important. Keywords are still the basis of search engine optimization (SEO). While other trends may come and go, keywords will always be an essential part of your content strategy.
The next step is choosing which keywords you want to target based on their popularity and difficulty level. The more popular a keyword is, the harder it will be for you to rank for it–but this doesn’t mean that you should ignore these high-traffic terms altogether!
Instead, focus on choosing longtail variations of popular keywords if possible: these tend to have less competition than broad-reach terms like “SEO” or “content marketing,” so they’ll be easier for your site(s) to rank for in the future.
- Analyze your competitors’ keywords using tools like Semrush’s keyword gap tool.
- Refresh and repurpose older content to keep it relevant and up-to-date.
- Focus on keywords with moderate search volumes and less competition to improve your chances of ranking higher in search results.
Using semantically related keywords
Semantic search is a way of organizing the web by specific meanings. This differs from traditional keyword searches, which simply look for keywords in a document or website. Semantically related keywords are words that have similar meaning but aren’t exact synonyms.
Here’s an example: If you’re writing an article about SEO Agency in Ahmedabad, your content should include words like “SEO” or “professional SEO services” Those words don’t mean exactly what you want them to say (it’s not like they are talking about SEO), but they do convey part of the meaning behind your topic and help readers find more information on related topics without having to read through all of your content first!
- Develop topic clusters for creating content
- Produce content that meets user intent
- Focus on the “People Also Ask” section
- Explore synonyms for your primary keyword
More emphasis placed on local searches
One of the biggest trends in SEO is local search, and it’s one that you should be paying attention to if your business relies on getting customers in the door.
According to a report by BrightLocal, 90% of consumers use mobile devices while they’re researching a product or service online. And 71% prefer to find businesses through Google rather than any other search engine (i.e., Bing).
This means that if you want more people coming through your doors, then you need to make sure that your company comes up first when someone searches for what services you offer near them.
- Optimize your Google My Business profile for better local visibility
- Research and use location-specific keywords in your content
- Create local backlinks to improve your local search engine rankings
The rise of voice searches
In the past few years, voice search has grown in popularity and accuracy. It’s not just something you do on your phone anymore; it’s also available on smart speakers like the Amazon Echo or Google Home.
Voice search allows users to ask questions without having to type them out–and that means that they can ask more complicated questions than they might otherwise be able to articulate via typing alone.
The rise of conversational interfaces has made this trend even more pronounced; people are asking for information in natural language rather than using keywords or short phrases as they would have had no choice but too before these interfaces were introduced into our lives (or at least into our homes).
- Target conversational keywords
- Create an FAQ section on your site
- Build a Google My Business Profile
- Appear in featured snippets
- Optimize for mobile searches (An estimated 27% of people around the world are now conducting voice searches on mobiles)
The integration of Marketing AI
The integration of Marketing AI
Marketing AI is the use of artificial intelligence to optimize marketing campaigns and improve customer experience. Using this technology, you can automate tasks that would otherwise require human intervention, such as content creation or automated email delivery.
With SEO in particular, this means being able to create content without having to manually write it all yourself–you just need to tell the machine what you want it to say!
You could even have an automated bot post on social media for you so that each time there’s a new post from your blog or website (or both), it gets shared automatically with all those followers who have opted-in for notifications from those accounts.
- Utilize AI-powered content automation tools
- Regularly analyze your site’s data analytics
- Employ an AI writer to generate content
- Incorporate personalization in your marketing strategies
- Improve sales forecasting by leveraging Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Featured snippets are everywhere
Featured snippets are snippets of text that appear in the search results, and they’re often more prominent than the organic results. You might see a featured snippet for your own site, or you might see one for a competitor’s website.
In some ways, it’s similar to an AdWords ad: it has been selected by Google as being relevant enough to be shown at this time and place on the SERP (search engine result page).
The main benefit of having a featured snippet is that they help drive traffic directly from Google to your site–but there are also downsides.
- Target long-tail keywords that are relevant to your audience
- Create comprehensive and informative content, such as how-to guides and tutorials
- Focus on fulfilling user intent when creating content, instead of just stuffing keywords
- Identify content gaps by targeting the “people also asked” sections and addressing those queries in your content.
Tracking your EAT signals
EAT signals are the most important factors for ranking in search results. They include:
- Content – How much content do you have on your site? Is it high quality, unique and relevant?
- Authoritativeness – Do people trust you as an expert in your field? Do they think of you as an authority when they need help with a problem or question?
- Trustworthiness – Are there any negative reviews about your business online (e.g., Yelp reviews)? If so, how many and what kind of rating do they have (e.g., 1 star)
- Develop relevant and high-quality backlinks
- Ensure your content is relevant and up-to-date
- Encourage more customer reviews, and respond to each one
- Include an “about us” or home page on your website to introduce yourself to viewers.
In conclusion, we can expect to see a lot of changes in SEO over the next few years. While Google is still the biggest player in the game and will continue to be so for some time, there are other factors that will come into play–such as voice search and artificial intelligence.
But don’t worry too much about these new trends just yet; if you hire SEO Agency in Ahmedabad (which should always be your top priorities), then everything else should fall into place naturally!